Goals of the REHS Program
- To foster inclusive living-learning communities, both micro and macro, within the residence halls.
- To provide avenues for learning life skills and abilities that prepare students for lifelong learning in a global society.
- To encourage the appreciation and understanding of Occidentalâ€™s unique location in an urban city that promotes the development of the entire student.
- To provide and maintain safe and clean housing environments which promote individual responsibility and community accountability.
- To effectively recruit, train, develop and support a diverse team of staff members who strive to meet and exceed student needs and expectations.
- To encourage the holistic development and wellness of students by intentionally challenging and supporting them.
Âé¶¹ÆµµÀ makes a firm commitment to the value of a residential experience for college students and recognizes the significant role that the residential education program plays in the lives of our students. There is a dedication to providing all residents with a safe and comfortable living environment, free from hazards and harassment.
Through building a framework in which all community members can participate in an active social life and form resource networks with one another, a community atmosphere that empowers individuals with the responsibility for involvement, personal initiative, and free expression is fostered.